Economic Disaster Resilience & Recovery
Disasters don't discriminate. Floods, fires and other natural disasters can happen without warning. Factory closures, cyber security breaches and major industry shifts can also cause significant economic disruptions.
Are you prepared? A disaster can happen anytime, anywhere, and its economic impacts can be catastrophic.
This course is designed to help elected officials, economic development officers and other community leaders prepare for and recover from a disaster. It delivers both theoretical and practical steps to help lessen damages to your local economy.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Discuss community economic resilience
- Recognize the phases of a disaster in the context of economic recovery and development
- Describe government roles and responsibilities after a disaster
- Examine business assistance available after an emergency or crisis
- Outline crisis communications
- Define community recovery opportunities